[CQ-Contest] Radio Choice

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Fri Sep 6 18:23:25 EDT 2002

A few days ago, I wrote:

> Make sure your high gain preamp is turned on in the MP's menu setup.
> I've found several MP owners who were not aware of that "feature."
>
> Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
> Big Bear Lake, CA

I just got back from Las Vegas and there were a whole bunch of e-mails
asking me how to turn on the MP's high gain preamp. See, I _knew_ there
were a bunch of folks unaware of that setting!

I'm a Kenwood guy, and don't even own an MP, but I know it's in the
menus somewhere. From one of the e-mails I received, I think it may be
menu function 8-4. The default is "Flat," and that is not the one
you want. When the background noise is quiet, you need more gain than
the flat setting provides.

Maybe an MP owner can post the correct menu and setting.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA