[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike conduct

Steve Maki steve at oakcom.com
Tue Apr 1 01:49:45 EST 2003

W2UP wrote:

>I noted, during the WPX contest, that EO6F was calling CQ CONTEST NO
>USA, in protest of the ongoing war.
>This is a real shame, as historically, amateur radio has pretty much
>kept political differences out of the hobby.
>I believe EO6F should be disqualified from the contest for his
>unsportsmanlike conduct.  If you feel the same way, please email the
>contest director (K6AW at CQWW.COM), as I have done.

IMO, calling CQ NO USA, by itself, in no way constitutes unsportsmanlike
behavior - but when accompanied by political rants, having nothing
whatsover to do with contesting, might come close, depending on how
disruptive it becomes (I didn't witness the display in question).

It WILL be interesting to see if they send in a log.

--
Steve K8LX