[CQ-Contest] No more "QRZed?"

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Apr 2 08:00:06 EST 2003

I only spent a few hours in the WPX SSB this weekend, but I was very
frustrated with the number of stations who would finish a contest QSO and
then simply say: "QRZed?".

This sort of poor operating technique makes me want to crawl through the
radio and throttle the guy on the other end. I wish there were a rule
that stated operators had to send their callsign for every QSO, or if
they used QRZ, they would have to use it in conjunction with their
callsign.

As a low power operator who spends a lot of time in S & P mode, these
operators who refuse to sign until you ask waste everyone's time,
including their own.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901