[CQ-Contest] QSO Party Spam

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 15:11:34 EDT 2003

In a message dated 4/5/03 2:48:13 PM Pacific Standard Time, k5iid at ntelos.net
writes:

> Personally, I have no problem with the state party promos.
>  FQP would be nowhere as popular as it now is without all the
>  advertising.
>    It has grown in a very few years to be probably the number
>  two state event.
>    I like th ereminders also because i'm getting senile and tend to forget
>  things. With enough advanced warning I can remember to make plans in
advance.

    I couldn't have said it better myself.

    I'll bet you a nickel that state QSO parties would have more activity if
they actually PROMOTED them. An "Oh, by the way, this weekend is the Podunk
QSO Party"  email doesn't do anything to create interest and activity. Making
it an EVENT with promotion and prizes by an ambitious sponsoring club that
wants YOU to participate DOES promote interest and activity. Your club should
be so lucky to have all the enthusiasm of the FCG. Those guys are great! More
power to them.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC