[ct-user] [CQ-Contest] CT as freeware

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Sun Apr 6 18:39:12 EDT 2003

I can only think of a few reasons why K1EA has converted CT to freeware:

(1)  He is discontinuing further development of the program as we know it
(2)  Sales of new and upgrade versions of CT have dropped to the point of
not being worth the bother
(3)  He is about to replace it with a true 32 bit GUI version, CT 10
perchance?

I really hope #3 is the primary answer.  I first saw CT 6.15 demo'd at
Dayton many, many moons ago, at the Contest forum, and thought so much of it
that I walked out part way through the demo to find a dealer and buy it!
While CT is far from perfect (what is?) it's overall been one of the best
pieces of contest software around, and was once way ahead of it's time and
the competition.

Here's hoping we're only seeing the last life stage of CT for DOS, not CT.

73, ron wn3vaw

"There must be some mistake.  The Pirates in first? QRM on my end,
probably."
--John W3ULS (and there's no QRM, either)