[CQ-Contest] New URL - New Award! Starts Saturday!!!

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 20 14:08:08 EDT 2003

The Florida Contest Group is proud to announce we have a new web site
address for the Florida QSO Party...

The old web site will continue to work for a while longer but we
encourage you to use our new URL:

http://www.floridaqsoparty.org

If I have been doing my job correctly, you all are aware that this
coming weekend is the 2,003 FQP. That's right, it is now 6 days away.

We have three new mobile teams added this year and we hope conditions
will allow us to hand out even more sweeps to the deserving in 2,003!
Our mobile teams will be out in force running 'em (at times the rate
meter is well ahead of the speedometer!)- we hope you will be among
those finding their way into our logs.

Our plaque program is now at 21 plaques, including one for first station
to sweep all 67 Florida counties. Normally the mobiler, State QSO Party
veteran W1NN was first to sweep last year at 1544 Zulu on Sunday, 15
hours and 44 minutes into the contest.

Because of the popularity of Sweeping the counties the Florida Contest
Group is proud to announce it will be sponsoring a new certificate
program for Working All Florida counties. The WAF will "kick off" in
conjunction with Saturday's start of the Florida QSO Party at 1600 zulu.
      Log extracts form your FQP logs will be allowed for proof of
contacts, why not kill two birds this coming weekend by sweeping FL in
the contest and qualifying for the WAF, too!

Details of the application procedure for the WAF will be linked to our
web site, and you need not make QSOs during the FQP to qualify.

So, three things to remember:

1) FQP is this coming Saturday and Sunday - keep your calendar open -
all the rules are available at:

2) The new FQP web site address:  http://www.floridaqsoparty.org

3) Add to your wallpaper collection by qualifying for the new Worked All
Florida Award...

The FQP and the window for the WAF award both start this Saturday April
26th at noon Eastern - or, 1600 Zulu.

73, and thanks for your support of the FQP!

Jim, K4OJ

p.s. - don't forget to read the soapbox comments form last years FQP -
see why so many look forward to the "Sunshine State Sweepstakes"