[CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW coming up!

Bernhard Buettner dl6rai at dxhf.darc.de
Wed Aug 6 00:17:05 EDT 2003

Hello Contesters!

The 49th WAE-DX-Contest is scheduled for the upcoming weekend, August
10/11 for the telegraphy portion. Operation is restricted to the
five classic HF bands from 10 to 80 meters. Exchange RST and serial
number. If you want to get serious, check out the rules, which are
published on the WAEDC Web site at http://www.waedc.de. Be sure to read
the chapter about QTC traffic.

There are no changes in the rules with in respect to 2002. Last year
we introduced quite a number of changes which were well accepted
in the contesting community like new DX multipliers for EU
participants, a low power category, markup of unassisted OPs and no
more 10 minute QSY rule for Single OPs.

For the EUs:
Activities from the following rare spots have been announced for the
contest: 4KØCW, 4L8A, CX7BY, JY9QJ, VP9/IK2RZP and XU7ACU have
announced their activity. Remember that at this time of the year,
stations in the southern hemisphere are enjoying good and quiet low band
propagation and so interesting QSOs can be made during WAEDC-CW with
South America, South Africa and Oceania on the 40 and 80 m bands.

For the non-EUs:
Several of the rare EU countries are expected to show up in this
event.  Personally I know of 3A2MD, LX7I, 9H3TM (Gozo Island, EU-023)
and HBØ/DJ9CB. Last year, all but 1AØ, HV, JW/B, OJØ, R1F, R1M and
SV/A showed up in the WAE DX Contest. So this is your chance to
get that last country on 80 meters!

Also, please join the fun by sending QTCs back to EU stations. You
don't need a big station for this, everybody will want you even if
you only have a tiny signal.  If you want to listen in on how QTCs
traffic sounds, take a look at the WAEDC Web site where some MP3
files of QTC traffic are available.

| IMPORTANT NOTE                                                    |
| Due to spam E-mail problems, the mail server behind @darc.de      |
| refuses to accept mail from a number of domains.  Contradictory   |
| to the published rules, please use waedc at dxhf.darc.de as the      |
| address to submit your log and dl6rai at dxhf.darc.de for questions  |
| and comments. The old addresses will still work, but we expect a  |
| certain percentage of participants to have a problem with it. We  |
| are sorry for this.                                               |

Last minute information is available on the WAEDC Web site
at http://www.waedc.de.

So, see you all during the weekend!

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
[] Bernhard (Ben) Buettner, DL6RAI - WAE-DX-Contest Manager
[] E-Mail: dl6rai at dxhf.darc.de   Phone: +49-89-943663   Fax: +49-89-943191