[CQ-Contest] W3NQN Filters

Fabio Grisafi (IT9GSF) fgrisafi at tin.it
Sat Aug 9 11:49:32 EDT 2003

Hello Guys !

I want to build the W3NQN Band Pass Filters (as in May 1998 QST) and I don't
want to buy them built !
The problem is that here in Italy I cannot find all those needed components.
If someone from Stateside can help me I can build a second set of filters
for him.
Also, if you don't need the filters but you can help me anyway, or if you
need something from Italy, please feel free to ask.

These are the components needed:

(Components listed for two sets of filters)

Toroids (Micrometals):
No.4 T130-6
No.16 T 130-17
No.2 T 130-0
No.2 T106-0

Capacitors:
No.9 110pF Tusonix NP0 10% Disk 2KV
No.4 30pF Tusonix NP0 10% Disk 3KV
No.2 15pF Tusonix NP0 10% Disk 4KV
No.2 220pF Ceramite NP0 5% 1KV (10TCCT22)

No.11 15pF Tusonix NP0 10% Disk 3KV
No.8 30pF Tusonix NP0 10% Disk 4KV
No.2 100pF Ceramite NP0 5% Disk 1KV (@300VAC rms)
No.2 6.8pF Ceramite NP0 5% Disk 1KV (@300VAC rms)
No.2 20pF Ceramite NP0 5% Disk 1KV (@300VAC rms)

Some wire:

I will provide for cabinets, connectors and coax.
I will tune the filters with professional tracking and spectrum analyzer.

PLEASE HELP ME !

73 de Fabio, IT9GSF (One of IG9A).