[CQ-Contest] Question re CQWW UBN point deductions

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 10 18:48:40 EDT 2003

Question re UBN point reductions for the knowing...

I had one busted (-B) and one NIL (-N) QSO for stateside stations
(they called me. Go figure...) It appears that I lost 12 points for
each of them.

Why would lose points for a 0 pointer? Even if the three QSO penalty
applied and each QSO is considered 3 points, that's 9, not 12, since
I wasn't credited 3 points for the QSO in the first place. Even so,
shouldn't the point deduction be for like QSOs? (0 for 0, 2 for 2, 3
for 3, etc.)
Tnx,
Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at mindspring.com