[CQ-Contest] Signing/verifying QSLs

Harry Hodges w6yoo at cox.net
Wed Aug 13 18:32:49 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Been a QSL collector since I started out in the hobby as ZP5HZ in the early
70s. I use photo albums, generally Pioneer brand with 4x6 pockets and file
according to DXCC, WAS, and IOTA lists. If I get a beautiful photo card in
that can replace a generic printed card I make the change. The albums sit on
a book shelf, the cards stay protected, and the other cards not "displayed"
are in metal 5x7 file drawers, separated by index cards as to SSB, CW, RTTY,
etc.. Not sure how many there are but its now 6 drawers full - 3 to 4K I
guess. Also manage club calls N6WB and W6PT that generate quite a few QSLs
after Field Day and CQP.

Even after 30 years of hamming it's fun to sit on the couch and go through
the albums, read the comments if any, and admire the photography. Sometimes
it's of a place I've been and recognize and that makes it sort of special.

73, Harry