[CQ-Contest] SO2R boxes

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 30 19:07:10 EDT 2003

Hi all,

OK, so now that I have two radios and two antennas, as does my partner in
crime, what does WX0B do? Discontinue the SO2R Master, of course! (no hard
feelings Jay).

What else is out there? We have a DVP card and both use our computers for
keying, so a box that's also a keyer and a DVP just adds uneeded redundancy.
Something that is flexible in terms of radio control (he has Icoms, I have
Kenwoods) would be handy, too.

I know about the N5NJ box, and I'm certain that hardware costs would quickly
add up to the price of an assembled unit, so I don't really wish to homebrew
something.

73, kelly
ve4xt