[CQ-Contest] CQWW - what do I do about unlikely QSO

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 14:34:01 EST 2003

I operated SO160(A) in the contest. About 30 minutes
before the end I was called by a station from one of
the NA DXCC islands. This was the first time I heard
him over the weekend and I don't think he was
previously spotted on any band. I have my doubts about
whether he was genuine - but I'm sure I copied the
call and exchange correctly. And of course the extra
multiplier was very welcome.

My first question - do I claim him?

My second question - does this count as massaging the
log after the event?

73 Roger
VE3ZI