[CQ-Contest] Improper packet spotting?

k1ttt at arrl.net k1ttt at arrl.net
Thu Dec 4 06:51:01 EST 2003

> Also, if you knew that W1 was new to packet, one of you guys should
> have explained packet "etiquette" to him, rather than have to wolves
> jump down his throat.  A little Elmering never hurt...

many have asked, the general rule i give them is 'spot everything'.  what
i tell my operators is that 'if you type in a call while s&p, spot it'.
it helps to fill up the band maps and keep them current. and it can help
you avoid fellow club members cq frequencies, as well as find zone 5 on
160m sunday afternoon if you forgot earlier.