[CQ-Contest] Calling another station

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Thu Dec 4 18:37:32 EST 2003

Operating QRP and doing a lot of S&P'ing, I run across this situation a
number of times during a contest.

I try to find a spot to wedge into above or below the frequency and give the
needed station's call a couple of times followed by mine.  It works about
10-30% of the time.  It's not all that effective, but it's certainly worth a
try if the station is a needed mult halfway or more through the contest.
When it works, it's a real ego and enthusiasm booster.  When it doesn't, no
big deal: I'm off looking for the next Q/mult.

73,
dale, kg5u