[CQ-Contest] Re: Improper Spotting

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 4 20:47:35 EST 2003

If all the guys chiming in about spots were spending the time doing antenna work or studying propagation charts, maybe they would be have better scores.  Come on guys, lets get back to radio, antennas, etc.  The constant focus on computer spotting is not what the hobby is about.  Its about communicating by radio.

As far as I'm concerned, the more spots the merrier.  As I troll the bands unassisted, I mark the freqs with packet pile-ups and come back in 10 mins and almost always work'm first call.

If you see someone you know, spot them.  Club menber? fine.  Someone you just admire as a contester? fine.  Rare DX? fine (although I never understood this, why give competition the juicy mult?).  At some point soon, doesn't the band map created by spots end up resembling the tuning dial on the radio and it doesn't matter how many more friends spot friends?

Lets Play Radio, not computer.  Okay?

Ed  N1UR