[CQ-Contest] Re: Operating from a cruise ship

Salina Physician Anesthesia spa at tri.net
Wed Dec 17 15:50:47 EST 2003

> Anyone operate /MM from a cruise ship? What do you need to do to get
> permission?
>
> 73 Jamie WW3S

I took my ft-817 to Antarctica on the Lindblad ship.  Captain gave me
permission to operate. The radio op, Sven, chuckled about my one watt and
makeshift dipole on 10 and 15M.  Tough to get anyone to listen down there
with no reflector available.  Lindblad is the group that has a trip for hams
to Svalbard.  Doubt the big cruise lines will be as flexible with their no
bridge, etc rules.  I want to do the Falkland to Eu translocation cruise
with Lindblad with more power.  Great outfit.

N0UU