[CQ-Contest] Re: good headphones for contests

Bud Hippisley, K2KIR k2kir at telenet.net
Fri Dec 19 09:28:11 EST 2003

I love my Beyer Dynamic DT-770 headphones, but they were relatively expensive.  They have no microphone attached.  They are high fidelity, and low impedance -- 8 ohms, I think.  I prefer these to my Heil headphones because of their transient-free response to CW and my Kenwood AGC characteristics.

For decades I used various Koss low-impedance phones.  They were moderately priced and had excellent transient response, too.

Bud, K2KIR