[CQ-Contest] Re: Further statement on BeacoNet

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Wed Feb 12 18:40:04 EST 2003

By the way... here are two items that may be of interest...

o BEACONet's CU2QSO system (the one under discussion) was "killed" before it
  officially existed.  It is in final pilot phase right now, with an article
  being written.  It had hoped that the article would be submitted by early
  April.  Dan killed it before we could run the last tests of the system, so
  we're a little behind.
  - Unfortunately...because the ARRL has now given it's OK, I'm in an
    interesting predicament: now everyone wants to know what it's all about.
    Please be patient, I'm working quickly to get information put together.

o There are still a few tweaks being done to the ultimate configuration of
  the software.  The software is mature...it's how we set it up to work that
  we're tweaking.

o There is a FAQ on the CU2QSO system at http://www.BEACONet.org | CU2QSO.
  That hyperlink will take you to an area that better describes the system
  and even has some screen shots.  Check it out, please.  It will answer a
  ton of questions.

Regards,
Ev Tupis, W2EV
--