[CQ-Contest] Re: Packet/Internet spotting

zl1aih at ihug.co.nz zl1aih at ihug.co.nz
Wed Feb 19 09:42:08 EST 2003

In the ARRL DX Contest, I was forced to use the same tactic as
VR2BrettGraham - after a few minutes into a run, with a rate of 100+/hr
the mob would arrive, driving my rate down below 30.   Although I could
copy several callsigns without difficulty, the incessant calling by some
stations prevented my responses being heard.   I reverted to S&P while
looking for a vacant channel.   My (flawed) theory was if what seemed like
most of NA was piled up calling me, then a vacant spot would be easy to
find.   It usually wasn't.
Maybe I'm missing something, but if I had worked some rare multipliers I
wouldn't share that info with my competitors until the scores were posted.
73
Ken ZL1AIH

P.S. Brett - do you have TRlog info for the Commonwealth Contest?