[CQ-Contest] Endless CQing

Dana Michael DMichael at dauphingraphic.com
Tue Feb 25 07:25:14 EST 2003

I get tired of the CQing also, and had this thought:

Maybe a contest could be run or a rule added where every other hour you
would not be allowed to call CQ. What if you had a rule that stated that you
are only allowed to CQ during the even hour if you call has an even number
for the first number and during the odd numbered hour if you calls first
number is odd. My call has a 3 in it and I would only be able to CQ during
the hours starting with 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and some one with a 4 in their
call would CQ during the hours starting with 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12. When the
hour changes you would be allowed to steal some ones CQ frequency if they
were of the wrong number and still CQing. This sure would change the way a
band sounds every hour and even the big guns would have to do some search
and pounce. It would not be to hard to enforce because everyone can tell
what time it is and what your call number is (you need these for your log).

73, MIKE W3TS