[CQ-Contest] Going Over to the Dark Side

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn at n4gn.com
Tue Jan 14 12:05:58 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, K4SB wrote:

> I think it is the responsibility of the station who asks you to QSY to
> find an unused frequency.

I thought the GACP (Generally Accepted Contesting Practice) was to pick a
freq, and if it was occupied, move up the dial until you find a clear
spot.  At least that seemed to work for quite a few QSYs for me this wknd
(both when I was the requestor and the requested).

In the same vein, if you're CQing on 3550.0 or 3555.0, you can probably
count on several QSYers landing on you.  But if you're on 3551.5, you'll
probably not have such worries.  Just another small element to work into
your strategy.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn at n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com