[CQ-Contest] serious question

W0UN--John Brosnahan shr at medinaec.com
Wed Jan 15 07:24:51 EST 2003

Mark--

Its "nice" that you don't want to penalize the other guy by
throwing out the QSO but I agree with George -- you toss
the QSO.  It does penalize the other guy--AND RIGHTFULLY SO.

To elaborate on George's answer:

He didn't wait around to get confirmation of a good QSO--so
HE is the one that blew the QSO by tuning away before
it was completed.  Your log is clean--you didn't complete
the QSO and it is not in your log.  His log is not clean--he
didn't make the complete 2-way QSO and still he kept it in the
log.  He should be penalized if he didn't remove the QSO.

And your conscience is clear!     ;-)

--John   W0UN