[CQ-Contest] SO2R

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Fri Jan 24 22:38:14 EST 2003

Hmmm.   Considering that for better or worse, SO Assisted is already a
separate category, I don't see the point in debating whether or not it
should have become so, nor do I see what said alleged debate has to do with
SO2R.

The point I was trying to make is that SO-A evolved as a separate category
because there was sufficient reason, at least in the eyes of the contest
organizers, to do so.  I will not debate whether or not SO-A is an advantage
or a disadvantage over traditional SO -- for one thing, I don't have the
data, for another, as just stated, it is irrelevant.

Is 10% an "overwhelming" advantage?  I suspect that if you have to ask, the
answer may be "no"

73, ron wn3vaw

"Doc?  You built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
"The way I look at it, if you're going to build a time machine out of a car,
you might as well do it with style!"
--  Marty McFly & Dr. Emmet Brown, "Back to the Future"