[CQ-Contest] The answer to everybody's question

K4BEV at aol.com K4BEV at aol.com
Sun Jan 26 12:10:35 EST 2003

In a message dated 1/26/03 10:50:38 Central Standard Time,
ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca writes:

> Your callsign is your category. So who wins in the K4XS category? K4XS DOES!

I don't believe that most of us who are in favor of an SO1R category expect
to win the class. I sure don't.
I'm not competing with W4AN and similar stations in the contests, I can't. I
would (emphasis on would) like to know how my station and abilities stack up
against similar setups though. The WPX T/S category gives me a short view on
how well I'm doing (or not), but I want more.

I'm about deaf in my left ear, so I'm SO1R period (except in RTTY contests
;-).
Be that as it may. I don't understand how this dilutes anything. It would
just broaden our perspectives ---- This is Good!

73, Don - K4BEV