[CQ-Contest] SO2R Setup - Left,Right or Up,Down

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 28 08:41:29 EST 2003

Very nice, neat setup, Dale!
Regarding horizontal vs. vertical rig placement, vertical never made
sense to me. First, it makes intuitive sense to have left and right
radios for left and right ears. Second, from an ergonomic
perspective, reaching for a tuning knob ~12 inches above the desktop
requires additional leaning in, movement of the arm at the shoulder,
and pressure on the elbow. Doing it for a short time wouldn't be a
problem, but I wouldn't want to do it for a whole weekend.
73,
Barry W2UP