[CQ-Contest] SO2R Setup - Left,Right or Up,Down

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Jan 28 20:26:56 EST 2003

At 07:14 AM 1/28/03 -0800, Leigh S. Jones wrote:
>The difference between then and now is the keyboard.  The
>computer keyboard sits in the way on the desk between you and
>the rig, no matter how you stack it.  If you want to be able to
>reach the left hand tuning know with your left hand, the right hand
>tuning knob has to be behind the keyboard.  Inconvenient.

I don't know.... For me, at 6'3", a corner setup makes good sense.  When I
take my hands off the keyboard, my elbows more or less naturally drop in
front of the left and right radios.  I'm still learning to be comfortable
tuning the second radio with my left hand, but it's coming.  I don't really
feel that the presence of the keyboard in the center is a big issue.  See
www.qsl.net/n4zr/station.htm.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database has just been updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm