[CQ-Contest] S/O is great thread

Eric Hall, K9GY k9gy at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 3 14:13:49 EDT 2003

> very individualistic (at least that's what some of us thought it was)

Gosh Jim will you give up on the single-op/non-packet media blitz.

When you remove all the multi stations from your log, then I'll consider not
using packet. And in addition, when you (as a single-op) stay on a band
for 10 minutes(or only 6 or 8 band changes in a hour), then that's when
I'll consider not using packet. Also remove from your log any S/O using
packet.

And the funny thing is we, as a contesting community, should be getting
anyone we possibly can on the air for contests not debating who's a
real contester. I suggest to you Jim that you make your future posts on
how you exposed a non-contester to contesting.

If a new contester wants to get on the radio and use packet
than last I knew that might be one more Q or even a mult for you and I.
Maybe your definition of score computation is a little different out there in
California?

73, Eric