[CQ-Contest] computers ruined contesting

jukka.klemola at nokia.com jukka.klemola at nokia.com
Sat Jul 5 12:04:23 EDT 2003

Gents, I think we all can see the light..

We were used to talk about amount of QSOs and multipliers.
=rate times multipliers

Now we have means to check the logs.
=(rate minus errors) times multipliers

Some contests have a multiplier of three for errors,
which means rate is less important than accuracy.

Errors started to count after introducing the computers !

Technology is used to push contesters to learn to
operate better.

73,
Jukka OH6LI