[CQ-Contest] RE: 40 meters to be fixed

Bill Parry w5vx at hiline.net
Mon Jul 7 09:48:08 EDT 2003

I agree with John.  Those of us that prefer cw have always enjoyed the 40
meter band, while SSB has been a mess. This change might make someone really
want to work 40 SSB (sorry John :') We would have to pray that the rag
chewers don't move down into this part of the band like they did on 75.

Bill, W5VX

Not much would happen initially due to the BC QRM, but as that slowly
goes away, and all those Novices and Tech-Plus of past years graduate
to General, SSB could move down from among the ragchewers above 7150
and have some clearer space, even though still operating split.

But in 2009 the rest of the world gets spectrum rights up to 7200,
and at last we would have a true worldwide SSB contest/DX window,
7100-7150, with no more split, and negligible QRM from other modes
and local operations!

73, John, NT5C.