[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 7, Issue 42

k1dg at ix.netcom.com k1dg at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 25 15:09:18 EDT 2003

WX3M asked:

>How can I address domestic cards for domestic contests to be >mailed as postcards in an automated way?

There are probably lots of general-purpose logging programs that will do this, by impoorting the CT/NA/TR/WL log info and converting it.

In my current mid-ham-radio-life-crisis VHF operating, I found the VQLog program by EA6VQ, which is cheap and works well for VHF...I think it also will do HF. I log all my VHF QSOs there, including ADIF-file import of my VHF contest logs. Then I tell the program to QSL everyone new, and it generates the QSO info label, and then automagically generates all the needed address labels from the Callbook CDROM.

One label for the back, one for the front.

I have noticed that for some reason, when I handwrite addresses on HF cards I answer, the scanner at the post office seems to pick up my own address (from the front of the card) on about 1 card in 5, and mail it back to me. Then I need to use an envelope. Argh.

73,

Doug K1DG