[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Packet Use Statement

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 30 08:38:13 EDT 2003

Thanks for posting this, Bill.  What I find most interesting is all
the brou-ha-ha on this reflector about packet cheating, allowing
packet in all categories etc., when in reality they only caught
12 cheaters out of 4100 logs. They don't say whether these were
"competitive" logs, i.e. would have been award winners otherwise.

I can only draw a few conclusions from this:

1.  perhaps there really *aren't* that many cheaters
2.  people who "abuse" packet choose not to submit logs
3.  the cheaters are smarter than everyone thinks

I'd tend to give more weight to #1 and #2.

73 - Jim AD1C

p.s. tried to reply to Bill directly but his E-mail was bouncing back from
ctc.net

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC