[CQ-Contest] June VHF contest Antennas and info source

Reid Hill KC5YKX kc5ykx at swbell.net
Sun Jun 8 10:44:44 EDT 2003

Greetings All-

Another antenna to try is the mast of a Hustler mobile antenna for 6 meters.
Take off the coil and spring and it makes a great antenna for 50MC mobile.
Like TR mentioned when the Es is hopping polarization does not matter
really. For the home qth op a 6 meter flat top works great. I have also
worked guys using G5RVs and even a 160m inverted L. I have also worked folks
using qrp with a rubber duck (ala JAs during the big ARRL and CQ contest).
Anything is possible on the "magic band". Other good mobile antennas that
take more time to construct but are better than verticals are horizontal
loops. Singles are fine and stacks are even better. For more info on roving,
vhf contesting, and other vhf and up related topics and even posting your
rover route or seeing others rover plans try this list:

     Subscribe         Listserv at W6YX.Stanford.EDU
     Message           Subscribe VHF
     Reflector         VHF at W6YX.Stanford.EDU

There is allot of info from the top VHF guys in the country on this
reflector. Enjoy the VHF side of things as we will all need more to do in
the coming few years anyway. See you in the contest next weekend from EL17
50, 144, and 432.

Reid
KC5YKX