[CQ-Contest] Dayton Attendence

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Sun Jun 8 11:40:28 EDT 2003

Maybe the overall Dayton attendance is declining, but the number of
contesters attending is very steady, if not growing! The rate is fine!
Dayton rocks!

The Contest Dinner had more attendance than ever before, the contest
suites were packed every night, the KC DX CW contest had just as many
guys take it as the previous years, the contest forum was packed and the
antenna forum over flowed and was standing room only. Attendance for
contesters is just fine.

The  room rates at the unofficial contest hotel (Crowne Plaza, which
sells out very fast for Dayton) are about what they have been for the
last 3 years and are not out of line from what I pay to stay in other
hotels around the country.

Why not encourage other guys to come to Dayton instead of getting on the
same ole' "Dayton is dying" band wagon?

It looks to me like the Contester part of Dayton is VERY alive and well.

You want to learn what is happening in the world of contesting? You want
to talk to the guys that know how to build stations? You want to learn
how to have more fun in contests? What do you miss if you don't come to
Dayton? You miss a lot!

See you at Dayton 2004!

73!
Tim K3LR