[CQ-Contest] WAE Packet rules???

WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Wed Jun 11 23:41:23 EDT 2003

> My opinion is that this discussion is needed.  If we don't discuss
> these things, then contests with problematical rules (example: the
> present WAE packet rules) are allowed to proliferate.

What's the problem with WAE packet rules? Is it that they list all the
single ops(even with packet) in one category, even though the packet users
are so noted? Is that really any different than listing all the SO2R guys
( and gals) with the SO1R? How much (percentage) do you think the second
radio adds? Using the top ten or twenty US scores in CQWW, if some used
packet, would the places change much? What do you perceive to be more of an
advantage, packet or a second radio? If packet users should be a separate
category, why not 2 radio guys?

73 Jamie WW3S