[CQ-Contest] Sponsors need to make packet system more verifyable

WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Sun Jun 15 22:39:04 EDT 2003

> That is really what started this exchange back up - the fact that some
> contests do NOT differentiate - ala the WAE where whether or not you
> have packet all single ops are in the same category!

And this is what prompted me ( idiot/moron/loser) to wonder why the big deal
about this? The packet users are noted with an " * " beside them so you know
who used what; you can still tell who the top ten unassisted are and who the
top ten packet users are; I guess I just don't get why so many people would
stop doing something they love because the results are published a little
different?!?!?! Instead of Single Op and Single Op Assisted everything is
listed in one category but the packet users are still identified. The same
hams who suffer through miserable solar conditions, sleep deprivation,
frequency fights, etc without complaint now won't play because us "idiots"
are listed with the "elite"....I'll never understand...

73

Jamie