[CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Fri Mar 7 11:00:41 EST 2003

There's another way to look at this too.  How many stations during the CQWW
and ARRL CW contests transmit above 7040? There simply is not enough room on
the CW part of the band to fit everyone in.  The same is certainly true for
the SSB part of the band during the same SSB contests.  The DVKs of the
Europeans are wall to wall from 7040 to 7100.

During the CW contests the SSB guys should be understanding and during the
SSB contests the CW guys should do the same.  Since we are gentlemen we
should be able to flex a little during contests for the beneifit of our
fellow contesters.

We expect non-contesters to flex for us on the weekends.

Bill K4XS