[CQ-Contest] callsign advantages

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 06:19:46 EST 2003

In a message dated 3/12/2003 3:33:52 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
k4ww at arrl.net writes:

> mark at concertart.com wrote: "There are calls that, well, you just know who
> they are, whether part of their call is taken out by QRN/QRM or not.  But,
> the reason you know this is because they are on the air a lot."
>
> Not necessarily! If the "number" is taken out, did you work K3WW or K4WW?

Precisely. ;-)

And the K8IA, K8IR, K8IU, K8IW deal on cw is eventually gonna bite one or all
of us in the butt! ;-)

Then again, I selected mine in 1976 when the FCC first opened this all up and
if I blew it then, that's life. My thoughts then were something short and
with a nice cw "swing". Little did I know it was "inadequate", hi. Now, after
about 16 yrs of inactivity there isnt much decent left in 8th or 7th (where I
live now) call districts so I'll stay with IA. ;-)

73,Bob K8IA
Mesa, Arizona USA
near the Superstition Mtns