[CQ-Contest] QST for April Correspondence

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 15:25:22 EST 2003

There is an excellent letter in the correspondence column of April QST.

N5QYC points out very well that contesting serves as a ruler for us to
measure our station and operating abilities... noting where else can you
score these attributes!

N5QYC is an ARES District Coordinator in Harrison, Arkansas - don't know
if he is a regular to CQ-Contest e-mail reflector but in case he is not
I have copied him on this e-mail.

Thanks, Joe for saying something good about us - unfortunately it
usually takes a disaster for others to realize how operating under less
than perfect situations takes someone who does this routinely and about
the only ones who do are the Contesters and DXers...

Usually our reward is bragging rights, occasionally though an
enlightened soul like yours does take notice!

Much obliged,

Jim, K4OJ

Near Tampa, FL