[CQ-Contest] NCJ Contest Tips, Tricks & Techniques Topic

Dan Levin djl at andlev.com
Tue Mar 18 20:51:38 EST 2003

After I sent this to Gary, I thought others might find it entertaining.  I
love the thread - what was your wildest idea?

I once built a 3 element extended zepp yagi for 15 meters out of wire and
PCV pipe.  Fed it with coax and a ladder line stub to do the impedence
transformation.  Very narrow pattern, and great gain.  I aimed it at Japan
for a DX contest,  but I could only get it 30 feet up in the air and it put
so much RF into the shack that I couldn't operate using it :-)

            ***dan, K6IF (VC1R in WPX SSB)