[CQ-Contest] Station VK5GN to close

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Mar 26 02:13:46 EST 2003

At 02:21 AM 3/26/03 +0000, Martin Luther wrote:
>he WPX phone contest will be my last as VK5GN. My XYL (VK5QP) has been
>offered a new job as University Librarian at the University of Tasmania
>(VK7) so we are moving interstate.
>
>Down come all the towers (8) and pack all the beams etc and off we go. Don't
>have any idea when I will have a new contest station up and running.
>
>I will of course stay monitoring this reflector.
>
>Both Buro and direct QSL's will continue to work for at least 12 months.

Yikes!  Big changes.  I suppose this all has to happen over the
June-September period(?).  Good luck to you both, Martin, and we'll look
forward to your being back on the air soon.  I've only worked 3 VK7s in my
ham career, so if that's indicative you'll be popular.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 23 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm