[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike conduct

Bryan - k0emt k0emt at dbBear.com
Mon Mar 31 09:20:10 EST 2003

With having emailed directly with Barry and seeing others corroborating
posts on the subject, I would agree that any station that was not
working another because of nationality should be disqualified.  I'm just
a small fry once in a while contester, but one of the premises of
contesting is that it requires cooperation of all stations involved.

If it was simply a matter of having already worked all of the prefixes
in the country.  Clearly, this was not the reason for asking for no USA.
  Even then, it seems like it would be quicker to just work calling
stations and move on than to avoid them.

This behavior goes against the spirit of contesting as I understand it.

73,

Bryan - k0emt
http://www.dbbear.com/k0emt/