[CQ-Contest] 2003 NC QSO Party results are posted!

Henry Heidtmann henry at summitschool.com
Thu May 1 15:53:59 EDT 2003

May 1, 2003
Winston-Salem, NC

    The Forsyth Amateur Radio Club is excited to announce that the
results of the North Carolina QSO Party have been posted on the club
website,
http://www.w4nc.com

   I would like to thank all the participants in this year's event. It
turned out to be our best ever, with a close to 60% increase in received

logs. 98 of 100 counties were active for the 10 hour Party. We have
received notes from all over saying that they appreciate the 10 hour
format, which does not conflict with the 160 contest held the same
weekend. It makes for a fun Sunday on the air. It also presents a bit of

a challenge to mobiles trying to operate a large number of counties, but

the results show that they did a GREAT job covering most of the 100
counties. Speaking of the results, several people mentioned they'd like
to see a breakdown of bands/modes worked- This has been done this year.
    The handcrafted North Carolina Pine Plaques and the certificates
designed by Don WS4NC will make a great addition to anyone's shack.
    The FARC and NC QSO Party Committee takes great pride in sponsoring
the NC QSO Party for the 2nd year. Kudos to the Alamance ARC who brought

this event back to life in the late 90's. Our success is a testament to
their hard work. We've made a special effort to gather/check logs,
finalize plaques and certificates, and mail them within 30 days of the
closing date. You made the special effort to participate and send your
log in within 30 days- this is our way of reciprocating your effort.

    The 2004 NC QSO Party is scheduled for 1700Z, Feb 29 - 0300Z, Mar 1.

We hope everyone comes out to play!

    Again, thank you all for your support of the 2003 North Carolina QSO

Party!

    73,
    Henry Heidtmann, W2DZO/W4WS
    NC QSO Party Chair

     PS- Finally, a free weekend! I'll look for many of you in the New
England and Indiana QSO parties this weekend!