[CQ-Contest] TenTec Orion questions regarding SO2R suitability

Eric Scace K3NA eric at k3na.org
Thu May 8 22:33:42 EDT 2003

   The first time I did this was with W6OAT on Clipperton.  I was the transmitting operator, and Rusty would mumble calls to me
verbally to feed into the queue.  We were surprised at how often we would pick different calls out of a large CW pileup.  Since I
had my hand on the key, I got to send my pick of the pileup first... sometimes prompting Rusty to say "I never even heard that guy
calling..."

   It's very educational to listen in with a good op on a pileup.  One learns lots of new operating techniques.

73,
   -- Eric K3NA