[CQ-Contest] Team Competition in the IARU HF Championship -WRTC-Style

Rick Tavan tavan at tibco.com
Fri May 16 00:06:13 EDT 2003

Actually, this would be an ideal venue for an initial experiment with
Internet Augmented Contesting. Is anyone out there willing and able to
implement some form of real-time or periodic reporting of team scores
during the contest for viewing on a Web page? Ward, if someone does
this, will you permit competitors to view the page during the contest?
My earlier offer to sponsor awards and/or prizes still stands.

WRTC had the referees enter such scores via messaging systems. That
wouldn't work here. Better would be direct reporting from inside logging
software or perhaps "tail'ing" a log file.  I'd be happy to brainstorm
specs for such an experiment but I'm not qualified to build it.

/Rick N6XI