[CQ-Contest] WPX T/S interpretation

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue May 20 17:57:48 EDT 2003

At 12:05 PM 5/20/03 -0400, Nzharps at aol.com wrote:
>If I entered the upcoming cw WPX test in the T/S category using a triband
>yagi, a single trap vertical and a single open wire fed dipole, would that be
>within the rules of that class?
>
>QRV for the accumulated wisdom of the contest community.

The rule seems pretty clear --

(e) Tribander/Single Element: Tribander (any type) with a single
feedline from the transmitter to the antenna and single element (TS) category.
During the contest, an entrant shall use only one (1) tribander
for 10, 15, 20 meters and single-element antennas on 40, 80, and 160.
(TB-WIRES)

Even though the category for Cabrillo purposes is "TB-Wires", your trap
vertical and open wire dipole may be used on 40-160, and your tribander on
10-20 unless it is one of the type fed with 3 feedlines rather than
one.  An odd distinction, but there you are.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm