[CQ-Contest] Scourges of Contesting, Chapter #?

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Thu May 22 10:09:06 EDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, K4SB wrote:

> ZF2NT wrote:
> > N5TJ? Nah he wins all the contests, he doesn't deserve to win, he is an
> > alien... and he doesn't drink that much.. much less pay for beers...
> > Im not calling him!
>
> >  N6TJ, on the other hand, is so cheap that he wouldn't even buy
> > me a beer at Dayton last year....... Well he did send me the QSL for
> > ZD8Z in 160.....hmmmm let me think ....also, he may be a pilot for one
> > of my future flights... let me be good to him..
> >
> > So guess what...I go hunt down N5TJ and QRM THE HELL OUT OF HIM....give
> > him all the BROKEN CALLS I CAN, but CALL N6tj WITH EVERY CALL IN THE
> > qrz.COM DATABASE        ignore that other cheapskate.
> ----------------
> Maybe I'm missing some humor here, but one of the first hard lessons I
> learned as a new
> commercial captain was NEVER to allow a drunk on board.
>
> On the other hand, if the post is not some weird sense of humor, I
> think both the TJs exercised extrodinarily judgement in not buying
> beers for you.

I saw two postings and the one you quoted above was the second one, it
wasn't the original by Bruce N6NT.

The first one looked like a bit of joking between old friends, and the
second one quoted above looked like a revision of the original text by
someone who didn't get the joke.

N6NT, N5TJ and N6TJ are fine contesters all.

73, Zack W9SZ