[CQ-Contest] LOTWow!

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri May 23 16:15:34 EDT 2003

I haven't seen much comment on this reflector about Logbook of the World
(LOTW) since last fall.  The current beta test persuades me that even
though it was a long time coming, it's worth waiting for.

As a contester in the habit of QSLing every contact via the bureau system
that involves a unique band/mode combination, I've spent tens of hours and
hundreds of dollars every year QSLing.  Since the beta test began, I've
uploaded 48,200 QSO records to ARRL's computer, with nary a hitch.  As of
this moment it reports 463 matches with QSO records submitted by others,
and the total is climbing hourly.

I look forward to the day when it goes "live," and I can post on QRZ.COM
under my call-sign:

"If you've worked me, a record of the QSO is in Logbook of the
World.  Anyone who needs confirmation for award purposes can count on
that.  I'll still respond to direct requests for paper cards, of course,
but relying on LOTW should be quicker and less expensive for everyone."

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm