[CQ-Contest] Self Spotting - You May be a Victim

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 30 11:32:46 EDT 2003

N1UR wrote:
 >This guy had over 100 spots in the contest and the spots are so
consistent (3 -5 an hour, every hour, I mean every hour) you can
even tell when he took a sleep break.

         Sadly, it appears he is the leader in his category.
Sort of makes one wonder if he was really running low
power as well.  I wonder how N7OU/HI9 feels?

         I sincerely hope ARRL takes action on this mess,
and I applaud CQ for removing obvious packet cheaters a
few years ago (not necessarily for self-spotting but for
using spots for multipliers and then entering unassisted).

         Cheaters take note:  What you are doing is VERY
obvious to others.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV