Einstein, Cat, Radio was Re: [CQ-Contest] Pete Grillo,s magic!

Haddon/N6ZFO hounds1234 at attbi.com
Fri May 30 10:23:23 EDT 2003

Eugene Walsh wrote:
 > I think it was Albert Einstein (Not certain) who mused
  about the wonder, mystery and magic of it when asked to explain radio.

 > He said that it was like the telegraph, which he thought of as pulling the
 > tail of a cat in New York,

The quote as I have it:

An Explanation of Radio

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail
in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And
radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them
there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

Albert Einstein

73 and Meow, Bill N6ZFO