[CQ-Contest] Link to Monster 80M yagi found!

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 14 17:40:40 EST 2003

Val, N4RJ bought the 4 el KLM that WA7NIN had up at his QTH.  I remember
putting it together in a field behind his house.   Those phasing lines kept
getting caught on everything.  I seem to remember that the 3 el version did
not past past the first big wind storm.  The 2 el version lasted a couple of
years but WX4G with his rotatable dipole up 135 feet was almost as good.  So
Val put up a 1 el version at 180 feet (you could see it for miles).  Val
worked on it all the time to make it more stable.  At 180 feet it worked
great.

If you want a real 80 meter antenna there was a picture of the big yagis in
OH and the big antenna that ON4UN shows in his book and talks that was built
in DL.   There is also a I5 with a 5 el antenna.

The real secret is to get a dipole or 2el version up as high as possible.

Dave K4JRB